The 2021 Streaming Media Europe Readers' Choice Award Winners
We've counted all the votes, and we're thrilled to announce the winners of the 2021 Streaming Media European Readers' Choice Awards. This year's 13th-annual awards saw nearly 2,000 voters cast more than 9,800 votes for products nominated in 16 categories.
This year, we highlighted 15 categories in the online video space. Defining these categories is always a delicate balancing act—make them too broad, and they’re meaningless; make them too narrow, and we’d need hundreds of them to cover the gamut. Each year, we evaluate the categories to make sure they’re as representative as possible of all the companies in the streaming media market, then open up the call for nominations. This year, we also drew a line in the sand and only considered companies with headquarters in Europe and the UK. (We'll be announcing the winners for the U.S. and rest of the world in the October U.S. edition of Streaming Media.) If a company has two headquarters, we've asked them to pick which one they want to use to be considered for Streaming Media awards, and stick to it.
When all the ballots are in, we discard votes from obviously phony email addresses as well as those by employees casting ballots for their own companies’ products—we don’t want to give an unfair advantage to larger companies just because of their size.
Congratulations to all the winners and runners-up!
Analytics/Quality of Service Platform
- Broadpeak – BkA100 V6.0 Video Delivery Analytics Solution
- Edgeware – Streampilot
Best Streaming Innovation
- Ateme – Low Latency NEA-Live JIT Packager
- 3SS – 3READY
- Cerberus Tech – IO
Cloud Encoding/Transcoding Services
- iSize Technologies – BitSave
- Norigin Media – Cloudncoder
Content Delivery and Distribution
- Jet-Stream – Jet-Stream Airflow MultiCDN
- NPAW – CDN Balancer
- Axinom – Axinom DRM
- castLabs - DRMtoday
Corporate Video Platform
- nanocosmos – nanoStream Cloud
- 3Q – Livestreaming solution
- Tripleplay – Tripleplay TV
- G&L Geißendörfer & Leschinsky – Encoding services
- Ateme – TITAN
- MainConcept – MainConcept HEVC/H.265 SDK
- Edgeware – Edgeware TV server
- Exterity – AvediaServer
- Softvelum – Nimble Streamer
Live Streaming Platform/Service
- Ant Media – Ant Media Server
- G-Core Labs – streaming platform
- nanocosmos – nanoStream Cloud
Media Asset Management
- Cinegy – Cinegy Archive
- Media Distillery – Image Distillery
Mobile Video Solution
- Blackbird plc – Blackbird
- 3SS 3 Screen Solutions – 3READY
- 24i Media – Smart Apps
OTT Video Platform
- Agile Content – Agile OTT
- MwareTV – Cloud Based Mware TV platform
Video Advertising Solution
- Unified Streaming – Unified Remix AVOD
- Norigin Media – AdScan
- ThinkAnalytics – ThinkAdvertising
Video Player Solution/SDK
- THEO Technologies – THEOplayer
- Elecard – DirectShow Codec SDK
- nanocosmos – nanoStream Player, part of nanoStream Cloud
The votes are in, and we'll announce the winners in September. In the meantime, here's the list of the top three vote-getters in each of our 14 categories.
08 Aug 2022
We've renamed our annual readers' choice awards, but it's still the only awards programme in the industry that gives a voice to the people who matter most—the ones who actually use these products and services every day. We're now accepting nominations in 16 categories, until 24 June.
09 Jun 2022
The votes are in, and we'll announce the winners in October. In the meantime, here's the list of the top three vote-getters in each of our 16 categories.
09 Sep 2021
The votes are counted and the winners are in! Read on to find out who took the top prizes in the only awards program in the industry where the winners are chosen by the people who actually use the products and services.
15 Sep 2020
When only the best will do, this is the guide to use. The readers have spoken and now we're ready to announce the top streaming media players in our 17 categories.
29 Aug 2018
Companies and Suppliers Mentioned