Streaming Media West Conference to Showcase Latest Broadcast, OTT, and Live Linear Online Video Technology and Business Models
Included in the event is a special 2-day Live Streaming Summit focused on the challenges and opportunities inherent in delivering large-scale live events and live linear channels to multiple screens.
Medford, NJ(29 Sep 2015)
StreamingMedia.com, the leading producer of news, information, and events dedicated to the business, technology, and content of streaming media, announced that its annual Streaming Media West Conference and Exhibition is being held Nov. 17–18, at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach in Huntington Beach, Calif.
Now in its 18th year, the Streaming Media West show features the latest technology, platforms and deployments of video across the broadcast, media, entertainment, enterprise and education markets. Conference agenda and speakers are grouped into nine segments of the market; Encoding & Transcoding; Format, Protocols, & Standards; Content Management & Workflows; Devices & Platforms; Media, Entertainment, & Broadcast; Monetizing Content; Live Webcasting; Enterprise & Education; and OTT & TV Everywhere.
How-to sessions, presentations and roundtable discussions include confirmed speakers from these companies: Twitter, Comcast, Yahoo, Roku, FOX Networks, Sony, Plex, Epix, Sling Media, DIRECTV, CableLabs, AOL, Ratio, Machinima, AP, T-Mobile, Dolby Laboratories, and Maker Studios; more speakers are being added daily.
Taking place in conjunction with the Streaming Media West show, the special Live Streaming Summit covers every step of the live video workflow, including ingestion, transcoding, management, protection, distribution, analytics, and post-event evaluation. The Live Streaming Summit focuses on the technologies and strategies required to take video and deliver it to viewers watching on computers, tablets, mobile phones, set-top boxes, and smart TVs.
Both conferences include many “how-to” sessions, taught by some of the industry’s leading instructors, giving attendees step-by-step instructions on various technical aspects of the industry. Don’t just hear about these technologies — come see them in action!
The 2015 Streaming Media West and Live Streaming Summit features 150-plus presenters across more than 70 sessions and workshops who are speaking on the following topics:
• Making Money With Video in an Unbundled World
• Best Practices for Content Monetization & Distribution on Twitter
• The Future Of 4K and Ultra HD on Streaming Services
• DRM in the Age of HTML5: What You Need to Do Now
• Encoding and Transcoding—On-Prem, Cloud, and Hybrid
• Building an Integrated, Multi-Platform Analytics Solution for TV Everywhere
• Stream Stitching: Why the Buzz, Where It's Working, and What Happens Next
• Codecs and Packaging for PCs, Mobile, and OTT/STB/Smart TVs
• Making the Switch From Flash to HTML5
• Video players, APIs, Clip Sharing, and Social Media Integration
• Creating a Great Streaming Channel on the Roku Platform
• Best Practices for Interacting With the Social Platforms
• Emerging Technologies: H.265, VP9, WebM, DASH, HTML5 &, WebRTC
• Encoding Live and On-Demand Video Using HEVC
• Deep Dive Into the Video Behavior o U.S. Consumers
• Creating Great Video User Experiences That Drive Adoption
• How Big Data Can Increase OTT Ad Revenue
• Selecting the Right Video Management Technology
• Streaming Deployment Architectures in Higher Education
• The Business Strategy Behind the Fragmenting OTT Market
• Choosing the Best Streaming Player for the Right Device
• Best Practices for Future-Proofing Your File-Based Workflow
• Real-World Comparisons of H.265 and H.264 Compression
• Using OTT Workflows to Create Live-to-VOD Assets
• Benefits of Deploying Multicast-Assisted ABR Within an Operator Network
• Bye-Bye Browser: Product Strategy for OTT and TVE in the Post-PC Era
• Friction-Free TV Everywhere Authentication
• Building an Internal Enterprise/Edu Streaming Solution
• Creators, Fans, and Brands: How to Win in a Content-Rich World
• 4K Streaming: Cost, QoS, and Cutting Through The Hype
• The Future of Video in a Multi-Screen World
• Content Delivery Networks, Real-Time Analytics, QoS, and QoE
To register to attend the 2015 Streaming Media West and Live Streaming Summit, go to www.streamingmedia.com/west or phone 800-300-9868.
Media registration is open to working journalists and analysts with commercial news organizations and research firms. To register for FREE, please go to http://www.streamingmedia.com/Conferences/West2015/Press.aspx
About StreamingMedia.com Events
StreamingMedia.com's conferences and expositions are the largest and most prestigious events in the world for the business of video and audio on the internet. Bringing together leading companies and technologies, StreamingMedia.com events are the industry's meeting place for streaming media professionals who want to learn, network, and make business deals. Executives and decision makers from all over the world attend these annual events in New York, California, and London. Focused on the "business" of streaming media in the media & entertainment, enterprise, education, and broadcast sectors, these shows are the industry's leading forum, bringing together digital media experts and professionals in order to exchange ideas, strategies, and success stories.