Red Bull Media House delivers video content on Viewster platform
Premium and unique video content available on-demand at Viewster.com
Zurich(22 Aug 2013)
Viewster, a fast growing Video on Demand (VoD) service, today announced that Red Bull Media House will make its video content available through Viewster’s service. Viewers in the UK, Benelux, Germany and the Nordics will be able to watch action sports and culture content, produced by Red Bull Media House, on-demand.
Viewster’s ad-funded platform is enjoying rapid growth worldwide and is now available in 120 countries globally. The addition of Red Bull Media House adrenalin sports and culture content enables Viewster’s audience, especially those younger viewers who are increasingly swapping linear TV for on-demand services, to enjoy the programming they want, at the time and the place that fit their lifestyle.
In more detail, a few select offerings include:
- Red Bull Art of Motion: Established as the first free running competition in the world in 2007, Red Bull Art of Motion showcases the disciplines of free running, parkour and martial arts.
- Red Bull Beat Battle: An epic dance battle, bringing South Africa’s top talent into the limelight as dance crews compete for the championship, showcasing a range of styles including Freestyle, Hip-Hop, Krump, Sbujwa and Pantsula.
- Red Bull Tops season 1 and 2: Fastest sports, greatest groundbreakers, daring winter sports, exciting world records, unbelievable free falls and Orlando’s best dives make the cut in an exciting mix of top 10 entertainment highlights.
- Red Bull Cliptomaniacs: Audacious sports and action footage is presented here by professional snowboarders and self-proclaimed free sports junkies Tim Warwood and Adam Gendle. Each show covers a variety of topics, from legendary athletes to the comical side of sports.
- Ryan Doyle Travel Story: This travel documentary, which won the 2013 Streamy Award for Best International Series, features Freerunning World Champion Ryan Doyle as he travels around the world finding fellow local free runners.
As with all Viewster titles, Red Bull Media House content can be watched on-demand, anytime and anywhere, for free. Viewster’s service is available on the web at Viewster.com and via its apps for smartphones, tablet PCs, and connected TVs.
“Five years ago, when consumers wanted to be entertained, they switched on the TV. Today, they are turning to the web and on-demand video services,” said Kai Henniges, CEO of Viewster. “Smart brands like Red Bull have recognised this and are now looking at new distribution channels that will introduce their content to new audiences. By making content available on-demand, sports and music fans worldwide can watch this unique content whenever and however they choose. And with our ever-increasing library of film and TV content also available, it’s not surprising that we’re continuing to see month-on-month growth worldwide, as audiences discover new and interesting content.”
“As the models for providing content continue to evolve, Red Bull Media House is committed to engaging audiences with high-quality programming on the platforms that are relevant to them,” said Alexander Koppel, Chief Commercial Officer of Red Bull Media House. “Digital options are an integrated part of our delivery system, and we look forward to sharing compelling content with Viewster’s expansive audience.”
Viewster is a leading ‘on demand’ service, offering a wide range of current and classic films, TV series and film star interviews to watch for free or for a small fee. Based in Switzerland, Viewster is available in 120 countries worldwide.
Viewster’s service is available on the web at Viewster.com and is pre-installed on most internet connected TVs and Blu-ray players. Free-to-download mobile apps are available for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
For more information, please visit: http://www.viewster.com
About Red Bull Media House
Red Bull Media House is a global media company that produces, distributes and publishes authentic content and inspirational entertainment programming in the action sports and lifestyle genres. From film to television, print to digital media, music and games, the company's products can be experienced on the latest devices and platforms, fascinating audiences worldwide. Among others – Red Bull Media House was responsible for the documentation and multi-platform distribution of the Red Bull Stratos mission, which held the world’s attention in 2012, delivering the most-watched live stream in history.