vzaar Video Festival is on a roll
Get your web video judged by Hollywood Director Oliver Stone. What does it take to make a winning online marketing video? This is the key question for those investing in the burgeoning digital video sector – and even more vital for those entering their pr
London, UK(02 Jun 2011)
Get your web video judged by Hollywood Director Oliver Stone
What does it take to make a winning online marketing video? This is the key question for those investing in the burgeoning digital video sector - and even more vital for those entering their productions in the first ever vzaar Video Festival, just launched by Britain's top video hosting service.
vzaar is calling on all businesses which use the vzaar video platform (you can sign up for a free trial) to deliver video on their websites, for whatever purpose - instructive, demonstrative, advertorial or entertainment - to enter via the vzaar.com website. The video clip or film entry will then be in line to win the coveted title of Best Online Video 2011 in a contest to be judged by top Hollywood movie director, Oliver Stone.
"I'd say there are three main requirements that make a marketing video a success: firstly, understand the motivation of your target market, secondly, keep things short and simple, and last but not least add some powerful calls to action in the video content," advised Stephen McCluskey, CEO of vzaar, who has 20 year's experience of internet marketing strategy under his belt.
Mr McCluskey said entries for the vzaar Video Festival were rolling in. Videographers have until the July 1st, 2011 to produce a winning entry in one of the following categories:
- Best Product/Service Video
- Best Video by a Creative Agency
- Most creative use of Video Online
"The categories we have chosen indicate just how involved and intricate the planning and production of an online video ad is - there are a myriad factors to consider and a great deal of psychology has to be utilized to grab the attention of the viewer and produce a result. Then of course, there has to be a creative element, as well as good technical aspects," said Mr McCluskey.
He said that in his area of expertise - the marketing psychology required for a winning online video ad - he would give the following tips to scriptwriters and producers:
- Online attention spans are shorter than TV - keep your online videoas short as possible.
- The first few seconds are crucial - the attention of the viewer should be grabbed within 15-30 seconds.
- Remember that people like to emulate those who appear better informed than they are, so utilize characters in your videothat behave in a way that will be desirable or enviable for your target market.
- On an e-commerce site, authentic user reviews of products and services are generally trusted by viewers and have a big influence on people's buying decisions, so it is a good idea to include one or two of these.
- Good imagery is very persuasive, especially when advertising products, so ensure items are displayed clearly and to best advantage from all angles. Also, don't be afraid of using bright colors, compelling graphics and loud audio to keep the attention of viewers.
Mr McCluskey said he is looking forward to viewing all the vzaar Video Festival entries.
For more information about the Festival, and to enter, visit http://www.vzaar.com/festival
vzaar is the leading online video hosting platform for eCommerce sites of all sizes and market segments. The vzaar service provides a cost effective and highly scalable video hosting service to thousands of companies worldwide. The easy to use online video management dashboard and a highly experienced sales support team allow businesses to publish video online fast.
Founded in 2007, vzaar has its Headquarters in London, United Kingdom. For more information visit http://vzaar.com
US Press Contact
SRS Tech PR
1 619 249 7742
UK Press Contact
+44 (0)207 482 8857