TVN's player service refreshed with new technology delivered by Atende Software
TVN - the leading broadcaster in Poland, belonging to the American media company Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) has signed an agreement with Atende Software to provide the redGalaxy technology platform for the player service.
Warsaw, Poland(06 Dec 2017)
Created and developed by Atende Software, the redGalaxy platform is used to build Internet television and share high quality content with a virtually unlimited number of viewers. The platform comprises a suite of tools for providing Internet TV services. So far, player has used the redGalaxy service for multimedia content storage, transcoding and distribution. Under the contract signed in September 2017, the scope of this collaboration was expanded to include the redGalaxy Portal. This component was used to build the new player and its content management module.
On the night of 21/22 November 2017, the player service was migrated to the new technology platform following a successful project implementation, which took less than three months to complete. The contract also provides that Atende Software will also be responsible for system maintenance and service development.
With the launch of the new technology platform, player users now have access to the player+ offering, which is a result of a collaboration between TVN and ITI Neovision. Player+ is the best collection of live programming, including CANAL+ premium channels, as well as shows and TV series produced by TVN, and VOD libraries from nc+.
– Atende Software has created a world class OTT solution. We particularly appreciate its reliability and performance as well as its impressively short implementation time"
– says IT Director at TVN Przemys?aw Aksiuczyc.
– TVN Group has been using our CDN service since 2011 to stream content to the users of its player service. We are proud because the expansion of our cooperation is a clear confirmation of the trust placed in us. We believe that our experience will contribute positively to the further development of the platform, enhancing service quality and user comfort
– says Przemys?aw Frasunek, Multimedia & Security Division Director at Atende Software.
TVN is the leading broadcaster in Poland which belongs to the American media company Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) – the leading developer of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories for television, digital, mobile and publishing. SNI’s global networks reach millions of consumers across North and South America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
TVN currently operates 14 channel brands, including i.a. popular thematic networks: TVN24, Poland’s most-watched private, round-the-clock news station, TVN Style, the #1 lifestyle channel, TVN Turbo, the key destination for men, TVN Fabu?a, showcasing best movies and hit series. The company also provides an extensive range of online products, including Poland’s most-engaging video-on-demand service - player. The broadcaster’s portfolio encompasses TVN Agency, offering a comprehensive variety of news production and distribution services in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as TVN Media – one of the leading advertising brokerage offices in Poland. TVN together with CANAL+ Group, jointly operates nc+, the leading Polish premium direct-to-home (“DTH”) digital satellite platform.
For more information, please visit: prasa.tvn.pl/about-tvn.
TVN’s press resources are available on: www.prasa.tvn.pl.
Atende Software is a leading provider of Internet TV services including player, ipla.tv, and playnow.pl, as well as a technological partner of the most important multimedia projects in Poland. The company got involved in this field at a time when few people believed in the development of Internet and mobile television. Atende Software's competitive advantage is the fact that it delivers comprehensive services. Its platform, redGalaxy by Atende Software, includes a complete set of tools required to build Internet television, which enable storing, transcoding, distributing and playing content. The redGalaxy service is used to build Internet television and deliver high quality content to a virtually unlimited number of viewers. Read more at www.atendesoftware.com
Services in the redGalaxy ecosystem:
- redGalaxy CDN – a distributed content delivery network composed of hundreds of servers located at major Internet Exchange Points;
- redGalaxy Storage – a distributed content archive designed to securely store very large amounts of data;
- redGalaxy Coder – a distributed system designed to transcode (convert) VOD and linear content into a streaming-compatible formats;
- redGalaxy Player – a cross-platform content player that supports web browsers, mobile devices, and smart TVs;
- redGalaxy Portal – a comprehensive OTT platform designed to present the offer and sell content;