OTT Everywhere: Vewd Atom Brings OTT to Legacy Set-top Boxes
A smarter, lighter approach enables operators to reduce churn by adding the
OTT services consumers desire
Oslo, Norway(07 Sep 2018)
Vewd, the world’s largest smart TV OTT software provider, today announced Vewd Atom, a breakthrough OTT solution that seamlessly brings today’s most important apps and streaming experiences to operator devices previously incapable of accessing OTT services.
Pay TV operators face an escalating need to tackle churn as their subscribers embrace a range of new streaming options to satisfy their OTT needs. To combat this, operators have considered expensive set-top box upgrades with significant CapEx impact. Vewd Atom introduces a fresh approach to solving this problem while delivering substantial business benefits to operators, including:
- Significant CapEx reductions. Vewd Atom’s novel and lightweight approach to bring OTT to legacy devices extends the life and functionality of an operator’s existing hardware.
- New revenue streams. Vewd Atom enables new monetization opportunities such as casual gaming, expanded video-on-demand and advanced advertising.
- The OTT apps users demand. Operators can offer a modern experience, complete with premium VOD, key regional OTT apps and the operator’s own apps, such as catch-up TV, available in a consistent, operator-branded user interface.
“Vewd Atom is the antidote to cord-cutting,” said Aneesh Rajaram, CEO, Vewd. “It offers all of the modern features potential cord-cutters actively seek while reducing the technical burden on operators. Not only can we help reduce churn, but strengthen the value of pay TV by adding OTT services to hundreds of millions of devices already in the field. This creates the perfect win-win scenario for operators to continue to grow their business.”
Dive into Vewd Atom
Vewd Atom’s virtualized OTT architecture consists of Vewd’s industry-leading OTT platform running in the cloud seamlessly connected to an ultra-lightweight client on the device. This highly scalable solution helps operators overcome several issues with all deployed set-top boxes like:
- Churn – Improve the service offering and user experience without replacing existing devices
- New business – Introduce new services that generate new sources of income
- Fragmentation – Introduce the same OTT experience across all set-top boxes
- Application management – Control all devices through one easy-to-use, cloud-based interface
- Service expansion – Add new OTT services directly in the cloud without the headache of firmware upgrades
- Security – Applications run sandboxed in a controlled cloud environment while video streamed directly to devices supports modern encryption standards
- Scalability – Easily scale to millions of users without taking on the cost of processing and hosting OTT video
Vewd Atom at IBC
Operators seeking to learn how Vewd Atom can transform their business can visit the Vewd booth in Hall 14, Stand 14-F02 or click here to book a meeting.
Vewd is the world’s largest smart TV OTT software provider, connecting consumers anywhere to the content they love. By making OTT possible on nearly 50 million connected devices each year, Vewd leads the way in defining the future of entertainment. Our suite of products and services are crafted to simplify complexity and offer solutions that unite the entire value chain, from silicon vendors to end users. Market leaders such as Samsung, Sony, Verizon, TiVo, and many more rely on Vewd products and services. Follow us, as we make OTT extraordinary.