Massive Interactive today announced the launch of a major update to Massive AXIS, its video merchandising platform, offering operators the ability to package, present and monetize their video assets in real-time across any device. New features will debut during NAB Show 2017 at Massive’s stand (#SU9008CM).
Massive’s advanced merchandising and real-time audience segmentation technology allows operators to make dramatic shifts in how they optimize their video applications in order to increase engagement levels and reduce customer churn. New functionality empowers operators to use their video applications as a way to increase revenue by instantly responding to the latest trends or developments, connecting viewers with the right content at the right time and across any device to achieve their business goals.
“While video apps are the primary means to connect viewers with their TV shows, movies and other content they are watching, what is essential to our customers is a platform that creates a truly flexible video retail environment,” says Ron Downey, CEO and Co-founder of Massive Interactive. “Massive has established a new standard to optimize the online ‘retail’ experience in the multiscreen video space.”
A key new feature of the latest release is Segmentation Tags, which offer content schedulers and product managers the ability to personalize subscriber experiences, providing unmatched versatility. Service providers now have the power to respond directly to A/B testing and audience behavior, setting new industry benchmarks in targeting content to separate audience groups through unique user experiences.
Other additions include:
- Enhanced Lists – An innovative feature that makes it simple to generate new collections from a video catalog based on cast or crew, release date, keywords, expiry and more. With live inline visual previews and the versatility to add premium imagery and metadata, video service provider owners are now supercharging their catalogs and curating like never before.
- Live Channel/EPG Presentation Management – The enhanced live/linear management features enable video service operators to manage the presentation of Live Channels and EPG metadata. With the power to add linear schedules to any video asset, and schedule a broad range of Live and EPG components, video service providers can now curate truly content centric experiences that seamlessly blend live and on demand. Additionally, the capacity to add subscription video on demand (SVOD) and transactional video on demand (TVOD) offers on linear channels, means that video service providers can manage access to distinct audience groups and segments.
Massive will showcase a selection of high-profile customer video services during NAB on stand #SU9008CM, including:
- BritBox US by the BBC and ITV
- Sony Movie Channel from Sony Pictures Television
- Comic-Con HQ from Lionsgate
- CraveTV from Bell Media
Massive has created the industry's premier Video Merchandising Platform. It enables broadcasters, content owners, studios and operators to deliver video apps that work on any device. The platform, Massive AXIS, combines a powerful app management server and proven reference apps to deliver the market’s most innovative product for real-time presentation and navigation management, content scheduling and more. Tier 1 organizations like Channel 5, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Television and Bell Media are using Massive AXIS to shape the long-term evolution of their video offerings.
Headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Sydney and Prague, Massive has over 20 years of experience operating in highly complex environments across global markets and cultures with customers such as AT&T, BBC, CBS Interactive, SKY, YouView, Foxtel, Perform Group, Deutsche Telekom, Pearl TV, Telstra, Quebecor, Freeview and many more. The company is also responsible for the inflight entertainment experience for Emirates, Qantas and Singapore Airlines, who are three of the current top five ‘World's Best Inflight Entertainment’ Skytrax award winners.