Joost, the global web video service, today announced that 12 new content partners have joined Joost and will bring their programming to Joost's extensive library.
"We have data that shows us what our audience loves to watch, and feedback that tells us which kind of programming they want more of -- great comedy, movies, TV shows, anime and celebrity news," said Danny Passman, global head of programming, Joost. "Joost provides people with a site where they can watch the shows and movies that have popular mass appeal, but also find niche content that caters to their individual interests."
The new content owners who have joined Joost include:
• Atlas Media Corp.: Founded in 1989, Atlas Media Corp. has become a leading independent creating, producing and distributing a wide variety of non-fiction network television programming for the global marketplace in addition to the production of theatrical documentaries. Atlas Digital + Emerging Media, a division of Atlas Media Corp., is dedicated to developing and producing original content for mobile and online platforms. Atlas Digital will launch with the travel series "Mysterious Places" on Joost. Other offerings will follow, including specials like "Alien Abduction" and additional series such as "Exotic Islands" and "Skeleton Stories."
• Blastro Networks: Born in the music and technology capital of Texas, Austin-based Blastro Networks runs the Internet's leading music video network for today's hottest unsigned, independent and major-label artists through three genre-specific sites. Blastro Networks will provide Joost with artist interviews, live performances, studio sessions and festival coverage from two properties: Blastro, an urban-centric site for hip-hop, R&B, pop, Latin and dance fans; and Roxwel, which caters to a rock, metal and indie music fan base.
• Davis-Panzer Productions, Inc.: Davis-Panzer will distribute "Highlander: The Series" and "Highlander: Raven" on Joost. The "Highlander" television franchise follows the continuing saga of the Immortals, based on the original cult classic "Highlander" film. "Highlander: The Series" follows Immortal Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod and his friends, both Immortal and mortal, on adventures. "Highlander: Raven," a spin-off of "Highlander: The Series," follows the character of Amanda, an Immortal who had a recurring role in "Highlander." All six seasons of "Highlander: The Series" and the complete season of "Highlander: Raven" will be available on Joost, as well as behind-the-scenes footage and interviews.
• Marvel Entertainment: One of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. brings its renowned stable of Super Heroes to life in animated and feature films and television series. The Marvel Entertainment offering on Joost includes Marvel movie and game trailers featuring popular properties such as X- Men, Iron Man and Hulk, as well as red carpet, behind-the-scenes and interviews with Marvel product creators; watch them today at http://www.joost.com/3aiv8hc/t/MARVEL. Also, 52 episodes of the classic animated television series X-Men: Evolution are • coming soon for Joost's audience in the United States.
• MWG Entertainment: MWG Entertainment collaborates with top creative talent to produce original scripted series for broadband and mobile, aimed at the underserved, adult, female audience. The MWG offering on Joost includes the popular web series "My Two Fans," starring Barret Swatek ("Quarterlife"), which follows the life of an average single woman as she rebounds from a broken heart with the help of her two biggest fans, and "Road to the Altar," a mockumentary series that follows one couple's comical journey through the wedding process. "My Two Fans" is available at http://www.joost.com/3a2t25a/t/My-Two-Fans; "Road to the Altar," starring Jaleel White ("Family Matters") and Leyna Juliet Weber ("As the World Turns"), will launch this month.
• RDF Digital USA: RDF Digital USA is the online and interactive division of RDF Media USA, one of the world's largest and fastest-growing production and distribution companies. RDF Digital USA is distributing "Banzai," a comedic faux-Japanese game show that involves betting on bizarre contests, on Joost. "Banzai" is available at http://www.joost.com/39uscp0/t/Banzai.
• ReelzChannel: The ReelzChannel offering on Joost will include a selection of clips and segments from some of the most popular shows on ReelzChannel TV, the cable and satellite network all about movies. This includes segments from ReelzChannel Spotlight, ReelzChannel Movie News and First Fans. ReelzChannel's programming will provide movie fans with movie news and reviews; detailed information about their favorite movies; in-depth interviews with Hollywood's brightest stars; behind-the-scenes clips; trailers that connect movie fans to the movies they love; and fun, entertaining pop-culture stories about all things movies.
• Salient Media: Salient Media is a full-service production and distribution studio at Vivendi/Universal producing and licensing content for both traditional and non-traditional outlets. Salient Media will provide a variety of long and short-form stand-up comedy to Joost that features many of today's hottest comedians, like Katt Williams, Eddie Izzard, Kevin Nealon and Mo'Nique, as well as feature content such as "National Lampoon's Spring Break" and "Totally Baked The Movie."
• Scott Entertainment: Scott Entertainment will provide programming from its AmPopFilms brand, which includes content from classic movies to cult hits. Drive-in flicks, classic movies, martial arts cinema, '50s and '60s television hits and off beat documentaries will all be a part of the Scott Entertainment lineup on Joost.
• Speed Racer Enterprises: Speed Racer Enterprises will provide the remastered edition of the "Classic Speed Racer Animated TV series" from the 1960s and episodes of "Speed Racer: The Next Generation Animated TV series," to Joost.
TOEI Animation: The Japanese anime studio is providing seven anime series to Joost. Viewers can already watch "Fist of the North Star" at http://www.joost.com/3acwvl9/t/Fist-of-the-North-Star, "Slam Dunk" at http://www.joost.com/3acwvl8/t/Slam-Dunk, "Digimon Adventure 02" at http://www.joost.com/3acwvla/t/Digimon-Adventure-02, "Pretty Cure" at http://www.joost.com/3acwvlb/t/Pretty-Cure, "Galaxy Express 999" at http://www.joost.com/3acwvlc/t/Galaxy-Express-999, and "Captain Harlock" at http://www.joost.com/3acwvld/t/Captain-Harlock. "Air Master" is coming soon.
• Vogue.TV: Vogue.TV is an award-winning online entertainment network providing original programming. Its numerous channels explore fashion, beauty, and culture. "Behind the Lens" examines the stories of brands told through the creative visionaries who define the fashion industry, directed by filmmaker Douglas Keeve. "Trend Watch" is the fast-paced news magazine show for everyone who wants to be in the know. "Beauty First" examines beauty on the runway, top new products, scientific beauty breakthroughs and beauty exclusives reported in a journalistic voice and fast moving format. "60 Seconds to Chic" offers the definitive point of view on what to buy and how to wear it, and "Model.Live" follows aspiring models Cato, Madeline and Austria as they work to achieve their dreams of becoming international superstars. Vogue.TV combined has garnered over 7.8 million video views since launching in fall of 2008. In total, the Vogue.TV audience has spent over 335,000 hours interacting with the original content produced by Vogue.
All of these content partners, with the exception of Marvel Entertainment, ReelzChannel, RDF Digital USA and TOEI Animation, are making their content available to a global audience; Speed Racer Enterprises will be available globally outside of Japan. Programming is available on Joost.com and on the Joost application for the iPhone/iPod touch. Joost is an ad-supported platform that is free to consumers.
Founded by Janus Friis and Niklas Zennström, Joost brings video and social interaction together online. All of the video on Joost is professionally produced and streams on-demand to people around the world for free in a high-quality format. Today, Joost has more than 46,000 program elements, including more than 400 television series and 1,200 movie and short film titles. For more information, visit www.joost.com.