As video service providers roll out new apps, services, and UIs across more devices than ever, content delivery continues to expand beyond the set-top box. Thus, video service providers are now tasked with understanding how these new solutions affect viewer engagement and how to best optimize the user experience.
Additionally, these new video service offerings drive an unprecedented amount of useful, personalized data. Accessing this data isn’t the challenge, but extracting meaningful signals from this wealth of data to derive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that truly align with the video service provider’s goals can be difficult.
- The top KPIs all video service providers should be tracking.
- How to track what Digitalsmiths considers the most critical and impactful new metric, a 'Discovery Session.'
- How to set baseline KPIs.
- Best practices on how to overcome the complexities that content discovery functionality can add to data analysis.
- How to leverage data from these KPIs to enable data-driven optimization of a viewing experience.